Sunday, December 16, 2012

Scrap The Girls!

The drought has broken.... well, my creative drought at least!  :)

Thanks to Mal and Scrap The Girls, I put this layout together as part of the December Birthday Celebrations.  Scrap The Girls is 4 years old this month!  Congrats Mal and all the girls on putting together and maintaining such a fantastic challenge site.  Head on over and check out the multiple challenges for this month.  All challenges are open until 31st January, 2013 and there is bound to be something to suit everyone.

The challenge this week is to scrap a girl based layout in teal, white and a neutral colour (I have used kraft) with the option of including a 'life lesson' message to your loved one.  At this particularly introspective, family oriented time of year, I thought it would be nice to scrap some words of wisdom and then maybe even gift your layout when you are done.

This layout is based on Maddi's recent achievement when awarded with School Captain for 2013.  Yep, proud mumma.... that's me!  :))

{wings}






Tonnes of gesso, glimmermist and stamping on this layout... nothing's changed there!  :)   The gorgeous Dusty Attic Decorative Scroll #1 (DA0213) takes centre stage and acts as a perfect photo frame too.

So, as I am currently weaving my way down the centre of Queensland, NSW and Victoria on my way to Melbourne, this is a scheduled post.  Promise to keep you updated during our travels with plenty of pics and travel journal updates  :)

Cheers,

Jules
x

7 comments:

Kim Ewins said...

Praise the lord, is all I can say....So, so good to have you back in scrappy blog world....Still love your work and in the words of Phil & Ted, have a most excellent adventure....
Love and hugs and safe travels.

Adriana B said...

gorgeous work, love the page, you are very talented :)
have a good safe trip :)

Luce said...

Gorgious layout! Love your stamping, misting and use of mask! Beautiful decorated!
Have a wonderful day :o)

Helen Wallace said...

You've not lost any of your fabulous skills during your time out. You know I love your work and this is drool worthy :)

ANUPAMA CHOUDARY said...

Missed your work!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy to see you are back! I was following your AMAZING work as you are one of my personal fave scrappers. Glad you are BACK! Your work is stunning!

Heather Jacob said...

enchanting x